Friday, May 20, 2011

May, 21 2011 or December 21, 2012?

Honestly, I've never really thought about the end of the world. Okay, that's a lie. A lot of the video games, movies, video games, comic books, and video games I play, watch, read or otherwise consume deal with the end of the world. Also, quite frequently my stories go through "Doomsday scenarios" (none of which I've finished though). But, I mean, they are never about the end of the world and characters working to prevent it. No, these stories are boring. Of course they need to save the planet and of course the audience will care about a character who is trying to save the very planet they are a part of. Besides, if the planet were to be destroyed, how could I write a sequel and make more money?

I guess what really should matter are the people. Yeah, a strange thing to think about when the whole world's falling down around you, but its true. Fuck the hero and his rag-tag team of flunkies going to stop what should spell humanity's ultimate doom. In all honesty, give me a few friends, a pack of cigarettes (preferably Smooths), a cooler of beer, and "Apples to Apples" for an hour or two while I wait for the apocalypse to arrive in all its glory. And if that means I need to go find those people or, God-forbid, a carton of Marlboro's so be it. At least it'll give me something to do while I wait.


p.s. Don't get me wrong, I still have my ascension bag packed in case I get called up to Heaven. I also have a bag packed in case I get left behind during the rapture.... its actually the same bag. I think it'll work in either situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment